It’s no secret most of us eat a little differently to how we usually might around Christmas time. Perhaps it was that first festive night out that never really stopped, the few extra chocolates lying around the office, or maybe “oh come on, it’s Christmas!” is too persuasive to refuse…. Whatever the excuse – it is Christmas, and if you can’t merrily over-do it with chocolate, alcohol, cheese or meat, when can you?
So – for everyone who might be feeling bloated or blocked-up upon waking, this is the first thing to do, before you even get out of bed.
- Place your right hand on your stomach between your right hip bone (the part that sticks out, or maybe stuck out before Christmas) and your navel.
- Breathe into your hand deeply and slowly 3 times
- Begin to gently massage this part of your stomach in small clockwise circles
- Gradually make the circles bigger and bigger, eventually massaging up towards your bottom ribs, along the bottom of the rib cage, down the left side of your stomach, and along the bottom of it, repeating for a few minutes. Keep your stomach relaxed the entire time and breathe calmly.
- After doing this, get up and move around – jog on the spot or shake your body
- It’s likely you’ll need to use the bathroom shortly after, so you know the rest….
Feel free not to let us know how you get on….