Simplicity is the success of this smoothie – with nutritionally balanced ingredients, plenty of flavour and satisfying sweetness, this is the perfect recipe to go to when you’re in the need of a quick breakfast, meal replacement or post-exercise boost.
- Bananas contain plenty of potassium – essential for muscular health and recovery, mood levels, circulation and balanced blood pressure.
- Dates are full of iron, fiber (vital for gut health), calcium, magnesium and zinc, and add a totally natural sweetness to the smoothie.
- Peanut butter is the primary protein provider here, and it also contains good amounts of potassium. Consuming good quality peanut butter lowers the risk of stroke, cardiovascular disease, with a good dose of healthy fats, magnesium, vitamin E and antioxidants.
Interesting fact – peanuts aren’t actually a nut! They’re a legume (similar to beans) as they grow underground. Technically, nuts grow on bushes and trees….
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 banana (to make the smoothie thicker and preserve your bananas, chop them up and store in the freezer)
- 6-8 dates (stones removed)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- organic or non-dairy milk
cacao powder for extra antioxidants and chocolaty-ness
Chia seeds for added fiber and protein
Protein powder for obvious reasons….
Kelp or any other good quality organic powdered seaweed to help boost thyroid health ad metabolism
Add all ingredients to a blender and whizz
Serve & enjoy!