Packed full of potassium, magnesium, antioxidants, fiber, probiotics and gut-loving ingredients, this smoothie is absolutely perfect for anyone who needs to ‘start again’ after a heavy night, a few too many ‘cheat days’, or who simply wants to boost their health and wellbeing. You can’t re-wind, but you can re-set.
Serve as a breakfast or afternoon snack, and keep the recipe handy for those morning-after-the-night-before moments! (aka a hangover). Also works perfectly for anyone who takes part in a lot of physical exercise or training, as the potassium and healthy fats and carbs help to keep electrolyte levels balanced, and muscles working optimally. Add a scoop of hemp protein powder for extra plant based power.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 avocado
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup organic kefir
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cardamom (or the seeds of 4 cardamom pods)
- ½ cucumber
- Water or nut milk to fill
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp kelp powder (a metabolism and iodine booster)
- 1 tbsp beetroot powder (a circulation enhancer. Great for pre or post exercise)
- Spirulina (a vitamin-rich algae with plenty of protein)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and top with your favourite milk or nut milk.
- Whizz and serve!