During Spring, there’s a strong emphasis on detoxing, cleansing, and generally getting healthier. Whilst we may think of detoxing the insides of the body, the skin is also important to pay attention to, as (like we’ve mentioned recently) the skin is the body’s largest organ, it’s the first to show signs of underlying health issues, and the last to receive nutrients.
The skin has to deal with all sorts of toxins throughout the day; from chemical face washes, air pollution, chemical make up and skin creams, and dry, cold, hot or damp air.
Having healthy, glowing skin isn’t just about looking good, it shows that underneath the skin, the body is working well, so start implementing these into your routine over the next couple of months, and you’ll not just see the benefits, you’ll feel them too!
Skin Saving Tips + How To Detox Your Skin
- Drink more water – challenge yourself to drink 2 litres of water per day (#36alive 2)
- Drink warm water and lemon juice in the morning to kick start the digestive system and remove toxins that have built up over night
- Reduce sugary foods
- Reduce processed foods
- Reduce fizzy drinks (#36alive 19)
- Include more foods from our skin-loving snack list (#36alive 81)
- Reduce alcohol consumption
- Reduce caffeine
- For those who wear make up, have a makeup-free day at least once a week
- Swap chemical cleansers for coconut oil, zero waste muslin cloths and warm water (#36alive 53)
- Get outside in the sunshine and fresh air for at least an hour per day, or try a morning walk (#36alive 10)
- Get regular exercise
- Decrease stress levels (#36alive 45 + 27)
- Breathe fully and deeply (through the nose) (#36alive 37-41 + 25)
- Try tongue scraping (#36alive 67)
- Start drinking bone broth (#36alive 52)
- Eat more fiber (#36alive 49)
- Avoid touching your face too much throughout the day, as germs from the hands can easily cause pimples and small skin infections on the face and mouth
- Sleep well! Create a technology curfew (#36alive 31)
- Try dry body brushing (#36alive 73)