Presuming you all read yesterday’s post and are all checking your stools (thanks to those who contacted me telling me where they fall in the chart), it may be that a lot of people are not staying within the sweet spot of 3-5. The first step is knowing, the second is doing something about it. Here are some tips on how to get to that flawless number 4 stool…..
- Eat more foods high in fibre
- Cut out processed stuff (I call it stuff and not food because I don’t see it as food) and replace it with whole foods, this will naturally result in more fibre in your diet
- Exercise – this can be as simple as walking a few miles
- Stay hydrated (anyone who has had a hangover poo will know what happens when we’re dehydrated)
- Avoid painkillers and antibiotics* where possible , these wreak havoc on our gut bacteria
So let’s do this together, I believe in you, let’s all strive to them smooth number 4’s regularly, and once again, pictures are not encouraged, I’ll take your word for it.
*I am not a doctor or health professional, if prescribed antibiotics or painkillers by a medical professional then take them as advised, but if it can be helped, try to avoid them where possible.